Followers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Wild Muscadines :)

I was waiting on the mailman today, looked up and look what I found!
Muscadines ^_^

I took two of my children down there to show them my new discovery :)

They had to pick and taste them, even though they weren't ripe yet.


Our dog Peaches followed us down there too ^_^ She loves chasing rabbits, wild turkey and deer ;)

I can't wait for these to ripen on the vine so we can make muscadine jelly :)








http://proudmomof5kids.blogspot.com/2011/08/wild-muscadines.html

7 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Muscadines?! I've never even heard or seen those things in my life! Do they grow in Canada? What do they taste like?

Michelle Murray said...

To be honest, I know about as much as you do about them lol. They are a wild grapes and right now they taste like a sour apples to me. I'm sure once they ripen I'll be able to give you a better description of what they really taste like. I have no idea where they grow either. Thanks for stopping by though :)

Tiffany said...

I have never heard of these either! But I am intrigued! I think your blog is so sweet - glad I found you.

Michelle Murray said...

I finally got to taste a ripe one today and I can't really compare it to anything I've ever tasted before but I will say that the skin is very tart. Just like green apples :) Tiffany that is super nice of you to say. Thank you!! I hope you enjoy it.

Georgia said...

i just bought some at the fruit market and i really liked them but my kids must of thought they were to tart. awesome find!

Michelle Murray said...

I know but they are up so high! I'm going to need a ladder to pick them all!

Far Above Rubies said...

How lovely. I've never heard of them either. Need to look them up.

Thanks for sharing.